Agile for Teams – December 6th (Class is Full)
More teams than ever before are seeing the importance of shifting to a paradigm of learning and quickly adapting to change. Some teams focus on Lean. Others on Agile. Few teams leverage the power of using Lean and Agile together to take their team to the next level.
According to VersionOne’s Annual State of Agile report, the three most common reasons teams are looking to agile adoption are: Accelerate software delivery (75%), Manage changing priorities (64%), Increase productivity (55%).
This workshop will focus on how folks on the ground can challenge the status quo and apply Lean and Agile values and principles to help build a unified team and deliver the highest value to customers.
- Learn why so many teams are combining Lean & Agile principles to accelerate value delivery
- Hands on experience of Lean & Agile fundamentals for teams
- Overview of Scrum and Kanban, the two most popular Agile methodologies
- Walk through successful patterns and anti-patterns for teams
- Walk through a mock example of how a team can visualize work and use a data-driven approach to forecast future value delivery
- Open forum to discuss what’s most pressing for your organization
How You Benefit:
Upon completion of this workshop, you will have hands-on experience of what it feels to be a part of a Lean-Agile team and what patterns high-performing teams use to enable a culture of learning and adapting to change.
- Members of teams from any focus (e.g., software, construction, marketing, operations, etc.)
- This workshop is especially recommended to any potential team: managers, product owners, scrum masters, team members
- This workshop is appropriate for any industry
Date: Thursday, December 6th
Time: 8am – 4pm
Location: Montgomery Park, 2701 NW Vaughn St, Portland
Cost: $200 per person
[Payment can be made via check made payable to NWHPEC or via credit card, invoices will be sent out a week prior to the event. Cancellations will be honored up to one week prior to the event. Please note: A 10% fee will be assessed for canceling your attendance if payment was made via credit card. “No shows” will not receive a refund or account credit.]
Email: email@example.com to register
Jeff Brinkerhoff is a local Agile consultant, Certified Scrum Professional (CSP), Scrum Master (CSM), Scrum Product Owner (CSPO), & Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP). He has over a decade of experience coaching, facilitating, and leading Agile and development teams. He is passionate about Agile/Scrum/Project Management and has seen first-hand how a high-functioning, unified team can efficiently and effectively deploy working software that meets the customer’s needs. Jeff is an experienced trainer with practical, hands on experience in the application of lean processes and Agile.