Facilitated by Mike Orzen, this workshop will present a structured process for identifying problems and determining the most effective ways to eliminate them. We go beyond the basics of PDCA to explore the key skills needed for lasting success in problem solved, including the use of Cause Mapping. Finally, we’ll cover the common mistakes people make when attempting structured problem solving.
What you will learn:
- Effective structured problem solving
- The psychological aspect of PDCA
- A tool that enforces logical reasoning for better problem solving
- Why most people are not really doing PDCA (but they think they are)
- Common mistakes to avoid
What you will do:
- Immediately be a more effective problem solver
- Avoid the pitfalls that prevent effective problem solving
- Be able to share these techniques with others
Structured Problem Solving +
In addition to the learning in Structured Problem Solving, the + version provides an opportunity for you to bring your own problem to the class and work through it using the methodology and receive feedback along the way.
- Deep dive on a 2nd day to make progress on a problem you bring to the class to work on (Guidance will be sent to the participant upon registration.)
Structured Problem Solving: 4 hours; virtual (Capacity = 20)
Structured Problem Solving +: 4 hours + 2 hours; virtual (Capacity = 20)